Garlic Sourdough Crisps
I absolutely love these. They’re buttery, they’re garlicky, they’re crispy, and, if you haven't noticed yet, they’re extremely tasty. They go so amazingly well with my Chunky Tomato Soup, but they also make a great base for any crostini. I like to sometimes top them with some shredded smoked gouda and some slices of honey smoked ham and serve them as a wonderful starter. These are incredibly versatile and super easy to make!
1 loaf (about 12 oz.) sourdough baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 garlic cloves, minced finely
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°F on the broil setting.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together butter, garlic cloves, garlic salt, and parmesan until well combined.
- Spread a good amount onto each of the sourdough slices and arrange on an aluminum foil covered sheet pan.
- Bake for about 2-3 minutes or until nice and golden brown. (Watch them closely as they burn very easily!)
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the sheet pan.