Raspberry Cardamom Crumble Oat Bars
These were inspired by the crumble bars at Amir and mine's favorite coffee shop, Insight Coffee Roasters in Sacramento. These were really easy to make and a quick tip is to make your own oat flour by putting some steel cut oats in a food processor but if that is too much of a hassle than go ahead and use the all-purpose flour that you may have on hand. Give these sweet babies a try and let us know what you think!
Link to our Raspberry Cardamom Jam: https://trishaandamir.com/eat/2017/11/6/raspberry-cardamom-jam
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup whole wheat oat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cups of raspberry cardamom jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl combine the steel cut oats, oat flour, salt, brown sugar, baking powder. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Mix in the melted butter thoroughly so that no flour is left dried.
- Line a small tart pan with parchment paper and use 3/4 of the crumble mixture and flatten evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. At this point the bottom layer will have air bubbles because of the baking powder but do not worry this will all brown up nicely once everything is done baking.
- Add the raspberry cardamom jam to the baked layer of oats. Sprinkle the remaining oats on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the crumble cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.