Peppermint Decadence Cookies
It’s officially winter and that means we are all ready for some bold and decadent flavors with our morning coffee or for dessert. These Peppermint Decadence Cookies are absolutely perfect for that and seriously, they are the perfect chocolatey cookie. They have just enough peppermint to where it’s not overwhelming, but it’s definitely there. And then the addition of both the semisweet chocolate chips and mini white chocolate chips inside of the already fudgy dough is absolutely glorious and just adds to the overall decadent feel. Also, a little secret when making fudgy chocolate cookies is to add a little instant coffee. It helps to bring out the flavors of the chocolate and really rounds out the flavor profile of the cookies. So, these cookies are of course a must try and you will not be disappointed with the decadence they bring to your life.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and eggs until light and creamy.
- With a spatula, stir in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in both chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Scoop cookie dough by the rounded tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.