Fudgy Cherry Almond Brownies
It’s no secret that everybody loves a good, rich, fudgy brownie. You know, the kind that are so good that it’s hard to stop with just one brownie. Absolute deliciousness. One night, I was craving such a brownie, but I was also in a very creative vibe. So when I entered my pantry, three items popped out at me: tart dried cherries, almond flour, and almond extract. And that is how fudgy cherry almond brownies were born! The flavors are extremely satisfying and go so well together. The texture of the brownie is also absolutely flawless and will have you in your utmost glory. Plus, these are naturally gluten free; so for all my gluten sensitive friends, these are calling your name. Honestly, everybody should be making these and giving their tastebuds some major nom noms.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8”x8”square baking dish with non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from pan from heat and whisk in cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- When slightly cooled, whisk in the eggs, one egg at a time. (Please note that the mixture should be very thick at this point.)
- Add the vanilla extract and almond extract and continue whisking.
- Add almond flour, sugar, and dried cherries to the bowl and fold the ingredients together until all is combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies are firm but still appears fudgy.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars.