Easy Oven Roasted Salsa
This salsa is so super easy to make that you will seriously want to always have a mason jar in your fridge from this point forward. The ingredients list is simple, the method is simple, and most of all the taste is amazing. I sometimes like to change it up by adding some lime zest in or using some different heirloom tomatoes during their season or even adding some canned chipotle peppers in lieu of the jalapeño. I could totally also see this poured on a chicken breast with some cheddar cheese and baked for an easy weeknight dinner! It’s so versatile and so easy to make. Can you tell I’m in love with this salsa? Make it and you’ll fall in love too!
4 tomatoes, cut into chunks
1/2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
4 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño, seeded and quartered
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Add tomatoes, yellow onion, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to sheet pan. Toss with a large spoon to combine.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and allow to cool.
- When cooled, place roasted vegetables, ground cumin, and salt in blender or food processor and pulse until mixture is broken down.
- Add cilantro leaves and continue to blend until leaves are just broken down.
- Place in bowl, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to settle.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips and/or vegetables.